FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Ben Stuckart Joins Thousands of Eastern Washingtonians in Celebrating Defeat of GOP Law; Announces Slate of Town Hall Events
Spokane City Council President and Congressional Candidate Ben Stuckart today is joining the thousands of people throughout Eastern Washington who are celebrating the defeat of President Trump’s health care law. The American Health Care Act, as championed by Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers, would have left thousands of Eastern Washington families with skyrocketing premiums or total loss of health coverage.
“Congresswoman McMorris Rodgers and her GOP colleagues voted symbolically against the ACA dozens of times when they were in the minority, but when the rubber meets the road they lack the political courage to follow through. Eastern Washington needs real progress, not flawed plans and empty promises. Our health care system is far from perfect, but any solution must begin and end with guaranteed health care for every person in Eastern Washington.”
To continue learning from the people of Eastern Washington, Stuckart has announced plans to hold listening sessions in Walla Walla, Pomeroy, Clarkston, Pullman, and Spokane.
- Pomeroy Town Hall – 3:00 PM Friday, March 31 – Garfield County Democrats 704 Main St
- Walla Walla Town Hall – 5:30 PM Saturday, April 1 – CAVU Cellars 175 E Aeronca Ave
- Clarkston Town Hall – 1:00 PM Sunday, April 2 – Clarkston City Hall 829 5th St
- Pullman Town Hall – 5:30 PM Sunday, April 2 – Holiday Inn Express 1190 SE Bishop Blvd
- Spokane Town Hall – 5:30 PM Tuesday April 4 – Toad Hall 1427 W Dean Ave